It has been ages since I posted, and now it has become a daunting task. And so I have decided to just sum things up in brief, get you caught up, and get back on track. So here's what has happened since January…
My parents visited and we went on a fantastic safari.
I took kids on a class trip to a Massai village.
We went to Mafia Island for my March break where I completed (with difficulty) my PADI Open Water Diver certification.
I set foot on Kilimanjaro once again, this time for a Level 4 trek with the kids up Machame Route to about 4800 m.
I helped to organize a triathlon in Arusha.
We spent some time in Tarangire.
I spotted some cool birds, one of which is featured on the Tanzanian Bird Network here.
We helped burn part of the Serengeti ecosystem.
I spent a month in Canada cuddling my puppy and my niece & nephew.
We spent some more time in Tarangire.
We camped at Lake Chala.
And now you're up to date! Looking forward to October break when an old rez friend is visiting Tanzania, and also to November when I will get a chance to summit Kilimanjaro J











Whoa!!! Crazy...I can't wait to hear about your Kilimanjaro summit.
ReplyDeleteWay to go on the featured pictures on Tanzania Birds. They really are great shots.
And way cool about your diving achievement. I don't think I could do it...I think I would feel claustrophobic. I know, the ocean is big, but the water is all around you. :)
Why were you burning again? I can't remember.
And, thank you for posting...I check this everyday.
Sheri-Lee