This weekend I had the fabulous opportunity to spend a couple days in Tarangire with 4 colleagues and photographer Paul Joynson-Hicks (www.pauljhicks.com). Paul offered photography sessions for the weekend, and we were quick to jump at the chance. Armed with our tripods and camera gear, we set off for the weekend excited to improve our skills. Those of you who so kindly compliment my photos on facebook regularly, the truth is I didn't really know what I was doing! But now I know a little more. We had so much fun and learned so much. Paul challenged us to shoot particular shots, taught us how to use the settings on my camera more effectively, and encouraged us to look at things a different way. We tried our hand at impressionism in our photography, a technique we affectionately refer to as "jiggling". We think the effect is cool, but maybe you'll just think the shots look blurry J.These are a few of the photos from the weekend.
This weekend I am off to Rwanda to see the gorillas. I am thrilled beyond belief and can't wait! Kian is anxious to see some baby gorilla pictures, so I will do my best to provide. We have a two week break coming up now, so I am looking forward to some time for play and rejuvenation. I hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving!












I ate enough turkey for you and me, Gina. :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Thanksgiving, btw.
Steve is interested in your lens you have...he's trying to talk me into a new one. :)
Enjoy the gorillas.
Sheri-Lee
I notice you changed your background on this blog...you know I check it this very regularly right? I like the books on your shelf as well. I've read some and enjoyed them very much. Mostly recently I read "The Art of Racing in the Rain" and cried like a baby. (Did you know we're getting a puppy? A 'miniature' labradoodle. Lucy will come home with us in just 3 weeks). I hope you have a new post coming soon. :)
ReplyDeleteSheri-Lee